Monday, July 28, 2014

Summer Adventures

July 28, 2014
Another summer is flying by too quickly! I bounced around the lovely states of MN and WI a bunch this summer. It has been so fun to see extended family, high school friends, and college friends. I went camping two weeks ago with some of my college roommates. We had planned way back in January to camp at Lake Wazee in Black River Falls, WI. The lake there used to be an old quarry so the water is CRYSTAL clear and the beaches are beautiful, fine, white sand. We arrived Thursday evening only to be greeted by the worst mosquitoes I have ever experienced :( We tried so hard to make it work but were going clinically insane... you couldn't stop moving or swatting around your head! We packed up Friday morning but were able to catch a little beach time after lunch for a couple of hours. All of us ended up heading to West Salem, WI to stay at one of the girls' houses. We went out for a few drinks at a local establishment (no one was allowed to shower or change out of camping clothes...because we were camping, darn it!) so we were quite the sight :) An older gentleman asked if we were "glamping"--- glamorous camping! We had never heard of the term before but you can be sure we used it about 100 times throughout the rest of the weekend. We were able to get some hiking in and also a lazy afternoon of movie-watching while a big rainstorm moved through the area. Even though we missed out on our original plan, I can now proudly say that I have gone GLAMPING. Check that off the bucket list??  

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you have been on some adventures! I've also heard that those mosquitoes are awful in Wisconsin this year. The term glamping is also new to me, so thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete