Wednesday, November 26, 2014
"Shackleton Strength"
I had mentioned earlier that I am working on a new leadership goal. My goal is to help students recognize and use their strengths in order to enhance the learning in our classroom. This past week we started to talk about what gifts and talents we all possess. It was fun to listen to kids share things that I had no idea they did. I think I was a little optimistic with aligning strengths to content standards so I might rehash that side of my goal. Instead I am going to focus on kids using a particular strength to teach a How-To lesson to the class. As we were talking a lot of students shared that they are good at a variety of different things. Next week I will have students come up with their How-To idea and then spend some time in class and some time at home to develop a mini lesson (5-10 minutes) where they can share their expertise. It could be how to draw something, how to shoot a hockey puck, build something with Legos, etc. I will come up with an example based on a strength that I feel I possess to serve as an example for students. This will extend my 30-day challenge but I am hopeful that the results will be worth it.
Labels:
Leadership
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think the "how to's" are a great idea! I am excited to hear how it goes. :) Great way to bring out their strengths!
ReplyDelete