Thursday, February 5, 2015

NWEA Results

All of my students have finally completed the Winter Math NWEA test. Between vacations and illnesses it seemed like we were always waiting on someone. Today I sat down with the data and am just starting to dig in and look at the growth from Fall to Winter. I have decided to use the other second grade class (same number of students) as a control group since they have continued with teacher-led whole group instruction. Obviously it isn't the perfect control group but it as close as I can get. I am planning to use the data in two ways: 1.) to compare whole class growth data and 2.) to look at students in both classes that scored similarly in the Fall to how they scored in the Winter. I have always said that the NWEA scores need to be taken with a grain of salt since they are just one measure but these results help to confirm the positive feeling I have had about the impact guided math has had on my students.

Here is quick peek at the initial whole class growth data.


Students Who Met or Exceeded Projected Their RIT score
Percentage of Students Who Met or Exceeded Their Projected RIT score
Overall Percentage of Projected RIT Met or Exceeded
Guided Math
14
63.6%
134.5%
Whole Class
10
45.5%
90.0%

No comments:

Post a Comment