In accordance with our Habits of Mind study, I have been able to reflect on how often I experience or model these habits in my own life. We did a survey to explore how strongly we exhibited behaviors that linked with the 16 Habits.
My two strongest habits were listening with understanding and empathy and finding humor. I am one of those people that hangs back and takes everything in. I usually prefer listening over taking the lead in a conversation. Because of that listening/observing characteristic, people find it very easy to talk to me and I am happy to be a sounding board. I then am able to help however I can and try to put their mind at ease. A lot of times people just need someone to nod and truly listen to what they have to say I also LOVE to laugh, even if it is at myself! I think there can be humor found in so many situations. There are times when you least expect to find humor, and when you do, it completely changes the feeling of that particular situation. A quote that definitely holds true for me is, "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
No comments:
Post a Comment