I believe that focusing on the positive can usually give us the energy to fix what isn't right. When things are going positively it is much easier to have the 'oomph' to tackle any challenges that present themselves. On the other hand, sometimes completely focusing on the positive can cause a person to get into panic mode when an unexpected problem arises. That positivity may be viewed as a false sense of security at times.
Unfortunately, I think that people tend to focus on the negative because for some reason being able to complain about something provides a weird sort of gratification. We all know the people who are very vocal about the negative things in our school and struggle to find positivity in anything. It is easy to be sucked into those "Debbie Downers" and it can be hard to get out of that cycle when you get into it. I try to distance myself from those people when they get going. I feel my own views change depending on whether I surround myself with the Debbie Downers or with the more upbeat personalities. It's way more fun to be happy than to be crabby. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment