Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Catching My Breath
I feel like most of my posts about guided math have been really positive this year. The implementation in my classroom has been going smoothly, I've been seeing good results, and my kids seem to enjoy the structure.....but it does get exhausting! This week we only have school Tuesday-Thursday and are trying to wrap up things for the quarter. I got to school extra early this morning to prep for guided math and was SO relieved to see that I didn't schedule parent volunteers for today and tomorrow. WOOHOO! Don't get me wrong, we could have certainly done a lesson today and everything would have been fine but I felt a huge weight lifted when I didn't have to commit to that 1+ hour with this short week. We were able to finish up projects and hunt down missing work in a much more relaxed environment. It was great for everyone! Today served as a good reminder to me that it's okay to take breaks sometime. The kids will pick up next week right where we left off... hopefully :)
Labels:
Action Research
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is nice to take a break from a demanding schedule. I love catch-up days. I don't know about you but from time to time I will look in the kid's work folders and think... how did they get such a pile of things not done? That's when I know I am going too fast and I need to take that time to get things caught up.
ReplyDelete