Thursday, April 16, 2015

Be Your Best FOR the World

It's amazing the difference on little word makes. Think about this: Are you living your life trying to be the best in the world? Or are you living your life trying to be the best FOR the world? Little word, huge difference.

This winter I reconnected with a good friend of my younger sister's from high school. I saw on Facebook that Alyssa was embarking on The World Race adventure to share the Gospel message with people in 11 countries over 11 months. Wow! I became inspired as read about her life-changing decision to proudly share her faith with so many other people. Alyssa's team of 7 (named Rabah Current) had asked for people to "adopt" their team and pray for them. My class of second graders and I have "adopted" their team and pray for them daily after lunch. We send emails back and forth and see pictures from Alyssa's adventure. My students have great questions and Alyssa is able to respond back to us from around the world... so cool! Alyssa has put her career on hold after being called by God to take on this mission. Seeing that immense trust and joy for her to change her life is pretty phenomenal. She is absolutely being her best for the world (quite literally, in fact).

What attributes do I possess that will allow me to be the best for the world?

  • Good listener: Sometimes people just need to talk things out. I am happy to be that person because I know how good it feels to vent wit a friend sometime. By allowing other people this opportunity, they are able to go out into the world without carrying such large burdens around. They can be happier and share a smile with anyone they meet,
  • Sense of humor: I love to laugh and make other people laugh. Life is much more enjoyable when you can find humor in tough situations. In the words of Charlie Chaplin, "A day without laughter is day wasted." The laugter he provided was definitely best for the world.
  • Positivity: We all know how hard it is to be around someone when they constantly have a storm cloud above their head. I like to help people see the silver lining when it may be almost impossible to find. Being an upbeat personality can be contagious of others are willing to see it.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, you sound like you do put your best self forward FOR the world. We are blessed to be in the profession of teaching. We get to work for the world everyday. Keep up your positive attitude and know you make a difference everyday to each life you share your world with.

    ReplyDelete