Saturday, April 4, 2015

Ride the Change

This week, we were reminded that it is natural for a lot of us to resist change. Change is hard. It challenges us. We don't always know what the outcome will be. AND THAT'S OKAY. It can inspire us. It can refresh out viewpoints. Change allows us to grow. USUALLY...

Change is a good thing when it is purposeful. Sometimes I think groups make quick changes to have the next best thing and then the results aren't as great as they could have been. Our district hopped on the Project Lead the Way bandwagon for a new Science curriculum this year. Teachers have been scrambling all year to implement it when no one in an administration role (who made the decision) had the foresight to see the challenges that would exist. I know that with all changes come the unexpected, but teachers haven't had all of the necessary resources to teach at the highest level. I also think districts like to try so many new things that come out that teachers are stuck teaching many things at an "okay" level. I would rather focus on a few items and teach them really well but that, for some reason, goes against most of the decisions made be the administration. So many changes all at once is frustrating when teachers are pulled in so many different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment