Thursday, April 16, 2015

Spring Conference Application

I went out on a limb and attended an "adding music to the classroom" session. I am not the most musically inclined person but do certainly love it. Today I played some acoustic guitar for my students while they took a reading test. Afterwards, they were to find a book and a quiet place to read. They were sooooo quiet and into their books! I let them go for longer than needed because they looked so peaceful enjoying the music and their books. I think the music was a little extra to drown out other little distractions around the room. They asked if we could music more often. We sure can! It made me feel relaxed as well. I can't wait to use more of the ideas that were shared with us at the seminar. I always say I will use music more often and then it fizzles out. I am going to try to be conscious about doing it more regularly..

2 comments:

  1. You can play the guitar?! I didn't know that! You should bring it next weekend to class :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Acoustic guitar MUSIC!! What would I do without YouTube, let's be real :-)

      Delete